Friday, May 17, 2019

Peñasquitos Canyon

Dad used to ride horses and mountain bikes out here when he was in college. What a special place to go for a nice afternoon hike! And of course, the weather is perfect!

Here's the trailhead...oops where is my leash?

If you geek out on historic trivia like Dad...this is for you...for a little perspective.

This is the old Ranch House dating back a gazillion years, or so.

I like this hike, cuz there's lots of shady spots!

Finally! I think we hiked about 2 miles in, to find this waterfall. Yep, I dove in!...'couldnt help myself.
Can you spot the tiny people on the rock?

That's one big boulder. Not sure how this got here, but it's not goin' anywhere anytime soon.

Dad says I must be part Mountain Goat!

Ok Im ready to go back now.

Met some new friends. Dogs in Cali are nice...so are the people...so far.

Once in a while, ya just gotta get out and sniff 'em!

Heading back to the jeep...this was a long trek...but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment